Cryotherapy is precisely a cold therapy in which a body has given too much exposure to cold temperature to treat the issue. This therapy is at first matured in Japan to treat with issues like itching and pain. Later it is well known for treating the pain occurred due to many diseases such as osteoarthritis, rheumatism, psoriasis and Crohn’s disease. It is absolutely preventive and safe treatment that prevents ailments. This therapy generally creates the problem for those who are not used to the cold temperatures.
It is quite furious to think of sitting in a very cold room but such treatment known as Cryotherapy is getting amazingly popular in many countries of the world. Many people claim that living in extreme cold temperature improves physical and mental health and also helpful in leading a prolong life. This treatment is new and so are its benefits. Doctors are completely not sure about all of its possible risks and potential benefits. Still, there are many seen benefits that are related to mental health.
- Reduces migraine symptoms: Cryotherapy used to cool and numb the nerves of the neck that is helpful in reducing the risk of a migraine. It is also said that applying the pack of ice on the carotid arteries reduces the possibility of a migraine to a large extent. The idea of this therapy is to cool the blood circulation through intracranial vessels. These carotid arteries are easily accessible as they are close to the skin’s surface.
- Numbs nerve irritation: This treatment is very much effective and is widely used to numb pain. Many athletes used to undergo this therapy to treat their years of pain by freezing the irritated nerve. The affected area can be treated by inserting a small probe into the nearby tissue.
- Helps treat mood disorders: The passing of extreme cold throughout the body gives physiological hormonal responses. This is helpful in releasing endorphins, nor adrenaline and adrenaline. This provides positive change to those having anxiety, depression and mood disorders.
- Reduces arthritic pain: Cryotherapy for the whole body significantly helpful for those suffering from arthritis. The treatment is very effective and well accepted.
- May help treat low-risk tumours: It is used to treat low-risk tumours and is also known as cryosurgery and is done by freezing cancer cells.
- Treats atopic dermatitis and many skin conditions: This therapy is successful in treating itchy and dry skin known as atopic dermatitis.
This treatment is recommended for all those who are dealing with above diseases or symptoms.
For more information, please visit our website.